Brisbane East District (Ext)
Star showing compass points, with the Scout logo being on the Western point of the star
The badge was first issued in May 1961 
Brisbane East district is named after the Brisbane River, which was explored by John Oxley, an explorer, in 1823 and named after Sir Thomas Brisbane, the then Governor of New South Wales. Brisbane East district was originally established sometime around 1943 . In 1943, the District Commissioner was A.J. Servine . The district closed around 1970, and was absorbed into Eastern Hills District and was mentioned in the 1967-1968 Branch Annual Report, but no longer mentioned in the 1971 Branch directory [3,4,5]. In 1968, the District Commissioner was W. N. McAully.
Brisbane East District Groups (1943): Morningside Air Scout Patrol, Coorparoo Scout Group, Cannon Hill Scout Group, Wynnum Scout Group 
Brisbane East District Groups (1968): Balmoral Scout Group, Bulimba Scout Group, Canon Hill Scout Group, Morningside Scout Group, Mowbray Scout Group, Murarie Scout Group, Norman Park Scout Group 
- The Totem (1943). “District Notes”. Vol 5 (52), March p. 5.
- The Totem (1943). “Appointments”. Vol 5 (52), March p. 22.
- Haskard, D. (1983). The complete book of Australian Scout badges: Part 2, Queensland and Papua New Guinea. Chatswood, NSW: Badgophilist Publications. p. 2.
- Australian Boy Scouts Association, Queensland Branch (1968). Annual Report 1967-1968.
- The Boy Scouts Association, Queensland Branch (1971). Area, group and district directory 1971. Abel & Co.