Brisbane West District (Ext)
Mountain Range: Surrounding Taylor Range including Mount Coot-tha
Sun & Clouds = Setting sun over the mountain range, originally seen by the designer of the badge
Boomerangs = Stylised “W” symbolising West
The badge was designed by Trevor Rees Thomas who was a Cub Scout Leader starting with Taringa Group in 1962, who then moved to 1st Toowong Group, which was renamed Milton-Toowong Group, and later again renamed Taringa-Milton-Toowong Group. 
The badge was first issued in April 1964 .
Previous Badge Variations
The following are variations of the badge:
Type Woven bound
50 x 48 mm
Brisbane West district is named after the Brisbane River, which was explored by John Oxley, an explorer, in 1823 and named after Sir Thomas Brisbane, the then Governor of New South Wales. Brisbane West district was probably formed around 1943, and at the time its District Commissioner was C.W. Noble . In 1972, Brisbane West district closed and its groups joined Tyakunda district [2,3].
Brisbane West District Groups (1962): Taringa Scout Group, Milton Scout Group, Auchenflower Scout Group, Ironside Scout Group, St. Lucia Scout Group, Kenmore Scout Group, 1st Toowong Scout Group, 3rd Toowong Scout Group, 4th Toowong Scout Group 
Brisbane West District Groups (1971): Auchenflower Scout Group, Milton Scout Group, St. Lucia Scout Group, St. Lucia Central Scout Group, 1st Toowong Scout Group, 3rd Toowong Scout Group. 
- The Totem (1943). “Appointments”. Vol 5 (52), March p. 22.
- Scouting in Queensland (1972). “Branch, Area, District Changes”. Vol 11 (5), June, p.19.
- Haskard, D. (1983). The complete book of Australian Scout badges: Part 2, Queensland and Papua New Guinea. Chatswood, NSW: Badgophilist Publications. p.3.
- Preston, M. Chaplin, Brisbane North Region, Personal communique 6.3.2018
- Haskard, D. (1983). The complete book of Australian Scout badges: Part 2, Queensland and Papua New Guinea. Chatswood, NSW: Badgophilist Publications. p. 3.
- Australian Boy Scouts Association, Queensland Branch (1962). Annual Report 1961-1962.
- The Boy Scouts Association, Queensland Branch (1971). Area, group and district directory 1971. Abel & Co.