Castle Hill District (Ext) b
Hill = Castle Hill which is 6 feet short of being classified as a mountain 
Bird = Brolga which can regularly be seen on the Townsville Town’s common. It is also Queensland’s state bird.
Jetty: with ferry/barge leaving for Magnetic Island and Palm Island. Magnetic Island was the site of Sir Leslie Wilson Camp Site, which was where camping and leader training was carried out between 1945–1971.
Castle Hill district is named after the old name of Townsville which was originally Castle Town until 1865. The district was establised in 1968 , and its first District Commissioner was Mr p. McLachlan . In 1989, Castle Hill district and Ross River district closed, and combined to form Cleveland Bay district .
Castle Hill District Groups (1968) Belgian Gardens Scout Group, Cutheringa Scout Group, North Ward Scout Group, Townsville City Scout Group, Ingham Scout Group 
Castle Hill District Groups (1971): Belgian Gardens Scout Group, Cutheringa Scout Group, Ingham Scout Group, North Ward Scout Group, Townsville City Scout Group 
Castle Hill District Groups (1983): Belgian Gardens Scout Group, Bluewater Scout Group, Cutheringa Scout Group, Mundingburra Scout Group, Townsville-South Scout Group, Wulguru Scout Group 
- Scouting in Queensland (1968)”Inauguration of Kennedy Area”. Vol 7 (11), December, p. 14-15.
- Scouting in Queensland (1969). “Warrant Changes”. Vol 8 (4), May, p. 21
- M. Flecker (2018). Joey Scout Leader, Loam Island, Kennedy Region, Personal communique 12.3.2018
- Haskard, D. (1983). The complete book of Australian Scout badges: Part 2, Queensland and Papua New Guinea. Chatswood, NSW: Badgophilist Publications. p. 8.
- The Boy Scouts Association, Queensland Branch (1971). Area, group and district directory 1971. Abel & Co.
- The Scout Association of Australia, Qld Branch. (1983). Directory: Areas, Regions, Districts, Groups 1983.