Charles S Snow District (Ext)b
Axe and log = originally the camp emblem of Gilwell Park, near London, where formal Wood Badge (Adult Leader) training commenced in 1919. In time, the symbol came to be used for all Wood Badge (Adult Leader) training around the world. Charles Smethurst Snow was appointed Deputy Camp Chief (Gilwell) and started Wood Badge (Adult Leader) training courses in Queensland in 1924. The inclusion of this symbol in the District’s badge represents his enduring interest and efforts in this training. It also came from the original Charles S Snow district badge
‘3 spears, boomerang and ‘N’ ‘ symbol = emblem of the former Brisbane North District. Several Scout Groups in the District were originally in Brisbane North District, which was disbanded in a reorganisation of the northern Brisbane metropolitan districts.
Type: Woven bound with blue border
The second version of the Charles S Snow district badge was produced in 1988 when Brisbane North district’s Scout Group were absorbed into Charles S Snow district .
Charles S Snow district is named after Charles Smethurst Snow who formed one of the 4 original scout patrols in Queensland in 1908, and registered the first scout troop at Kangaroo Point in 1909. He became the 1st Chief Commissioner between 1909-1922. Charles S Snow district was established in 1958. The first District Commissioner was L. Howard-Osbourne . The first female Group Leader in Queensland was Irma Howell, who was appointed to Kalinga Scout Group, which was within Charles S Snow district, in 1976 . On the 31st March 1988, Charles Snow district was re-structured when it absorbed Scout Groups from Brisbane North District which was closed .
Charles S Snow District Groups (1963): Ascot Scout Group, Charles S Snow District Rovers, Clayfield Scout Group, Hamilton Scout Group, Hendra Scout Group, Kalinga Scout Group, Pinkenba Scout Group, Wavell Heights Scout Group. 
Charles S Snow District Groups (1971): Ascot Scout Group, Clayfield Scout Group, Hamilton Scout Group, Kalinga Scout Group, Kedron Scout Group, Wavell Heights Scout Group. 
Charles S Snow District Groups (1983): Clayfield Scout Group, Hamilton Scout Group, Kalinga Scout Group, Kedron Scout Group, Wavell Heights Scout Group .
Charles S Snow District Groups (2018): Brisbane Central Scout Group, Chermside Burul Scout Group, Gordon Park Scout Group, Kalinga Scout Group, Kedron Scout Group, Nundah-Northgate Scout Group, Stafford Scout Group, Wavell Heights Scout Group, Wilston Scout Group 
- Fones, R. (1992). In the light of all the years. p. 131. Toowong, Australia: The Scout Association of Australia-Queensland Branch.
- The Boy Scouts Association, Queensland Branch (1971). Area, group and district directory 1971. Abel & Co.
- The Scout Association of Australia, Qld Branch. Brisbane North Area Annual Report 1988. p. 1
- Hansen, L. (2020). Asst Scout Leader, Wavell Heights Scout Group, Charles S Snow district, Personal communique 17.6.2020.
- Australian Boy Scouts Association, Queensland Branch (1963). Annual Report 1962-1963.
- The Scout Association of Australia, Qld Branch. (1983). Directory: Areas, Regions, Districts, Groups 1983.
- Scouts Australia, Queensland Branch (2018, March 7). Formation listing 2018. Retrieved from https://scoutsqld.com.au/members/formation-listing/