Cooroora District (Ext)
Cooroora district was formed in 1960-1961 (i.e., mentioned in the Branch Annual Report 1962/63, but not mentioned on Branch Annual Report 1958/59) and the first District Commissioner was p. A, Wright [1, 2]. Cooroora district closed in 1973, and all Groups except Noosa Scout Group were transferred to Gympie District . The district was part of the South East Queensland Zone, which was administered by Branch Headquarters in Brisbane, and districts were supported by Field Commissioners . In 1972, the districts within this Zone included: Maryborough, Maheno, Gympie, Cooroora, Beaver Masters, Nambour, D’Agular Range, Murrumba, Bunya, Barambah, Condamine, Dolphin, South Coast, Stradbroke Island and Beaudesert districts. Camp Cooroora, is a scout camp located on Lake Macdonald within the district.
Cooroora District Groups (1962): Cooroy Scout Group, Mary Valley Scout Group, Noosa Scout Group, Pomona Scout Group 
Cooroora District Groups (1971): Cooroy Scout Group, Imbil-Mary Valley Scout Group, Noosa Scout Group, Pomona Scout Group 
- Australian Boy Scouts Association, Queensland Branch (1959). Annual Report 1958-1959.
- Australian Boy Scouts Association, Queensland Branch (1963). Annual Report 1962-1963.
- Scouting in Queensland (1973). Warrant Changes/New Appointments/Groups Closed. Vol 12 (6), July, p. 29..
- Scouting in Queensland (1972). “South-East QLD Zone Conference”. Vol 11 (6), July, p. 5.
- Haskard, D. (1983). The complete book of Australian Scout badges: Part 2, Queensland and Papua New Guinea. Chatswood, NSW: Badgophilist Publications. p. 8.
- Australian Boy Scouts Association, Queensland Branch (1962). Annual Report 1961-1962.
- The Boy Scouts Association, Queensland Branch (1971). Area, group and district directory 1971. Abel & Co.