Dolphin District (Ext)
Previous Badge Variations
The following are variations of the badge:
Type = Ribbon
Type = Woven bound
Various shades of green border
53 x 46 mm
50 x 50 mm; 52 x 50 mm
Dolphin district was formed in 22nd June 1964, and was renamed to Gold Coast Dolphin in late 1982 [1, 2]. In 1964, the District Commissioner was R.A.J. Kingston . Prior to the Gold Coast Region being formed, the district was part of the South East Queensland Zone, which was administered by Branch Headquarters in Brisbane, and districts were supported by Field Commissioners . In 1972, the districts within this Zone included: Maryborough, Maheno, Gympie, Cooroora, Beaver Masters, Nambour, D’Agular Range, Murrumba, Bunya, Barambah, Condamine, Dolphin, South Coast, Stradbroke Island and Beaudesert districts. In 1980 this district was part of Southern and Western Region .
Dolphin District Groups (1963): Burleigh Heads Scout Group, Mudgeeraba Scout Group, Pt. Danger Scout Group, Palm Beach Scout Group .
Dolphin District Groups (1971): Burleigh Heads Scout Group, Mudgeeraba Scout Group, Pt. Danger Scout Group, Palm Beach Scout Group , Tungun Scout Group.
- Haskard, D. (1983). The complete book of Australian Scout badges: Part 2, Queensland and Papua New Guinea. Chatswood, NSW: Badgophilist Publications. p. 9.
- Roberts, T. (1999). Labrador Group South Coast and Gold Coast Pelican Districts. Letter to GL Roy Neal, Labrador Group. In Baden Powell Park Heritage Centre, Samford
- Australian Boy Scouts Association, Queensland Branch (1964). Annual Report 1963-1964
- Scouting in Queensland (1972). “South-East QLD Zone Conference”. Vol 11 (6), July, p. 5.
- Scout (1980). “Coming Regional Events: Central and Coastal Region”. Jan-Feb, p.47.
- The Boy Scouts Association, Queensland Branch (1971). Area, group and district directory 1971. Abel & Co.