Endeavour Trinity Bay District (Ext)
Trinity Bay was named after the Christian holy day Trinity Sunday by Lieutenant James Cook on 10 June 1770. “Trinity Bay” was the former name for Cairns. At the Southern end of the bay is Cairns . In 1980, Endeavour Trinity Bay district was part of the Coral Coast Area .
Trinity Bay District was formed in 1960/61 (i.e., mentioned in the Branch Annual Report 1962/63, but not mentioned on Branch Annual Report 1958/59) and the first District Commissioner was W. G. Kootoofa [3. 4]. The district was formed in the late 1960s. Barron River district and Endeavour Trinity Bay districts closed in 1982/83 to form Cairns district. Trinity Bay district is last mentioned in 1982 Branch directories 
Endeavour Trinity Bay District Groups (1963): Coral Sea Sea Scout Group, Edmonton Scout Group, Gordonvale Scout Group, St Margarets Scout Group 
Endeavour Trinity Bay District Groups (1971) : Coral Sea Scout Group, Edmonton Scout Group, Gordonvale Scout Group, St. Margaret’s Scout Group 
- Haskard, D. (1983). The complete book of Australian Scout badges: Part 2, Queensland and Papua New Guinea. Chatswood, NSW: Badgophilist Publications. p. 26.
- Scout (1980) Area & District Directory, September, p.8.
- Australian Boy Scouts Association, Queensland Branch (1959). Annual Report 1958-1959.
- Australian Boy Scouts Association, Queensland Branch (1963). Annual Report 1962-1963.
- Scout (1982) Area & District Directory, December, p.48.
- The Boy Scouts Association, Queensland Branch (1971). Area, group and district directory 1971. Abel & Co.