Gold Coast Dolphin District
The district was originally called Dolphin district in 1964, and was renamed to Gold Coast Dolphin in late 1982 . It closed in 1st April 2010 when the Gold Coast Region abolished all its districts, and moved towards a single Region organisation . Prior to the Gold Coast Region being formed, the district was part of the South East Queensland Zone, which was administered by Branch Headquarters in Brisbane, and districts were supported by Field Commissioners . In 1972, the districts within this Zone included: Maryborough, Maheno, Gympie, Cooroora, Beaver Masters, Nambour, D’Agular Range, Murrumba, Bunya, Barambah, Condamine, Dolphin, South Coast, Stradbroke Island and Beaudesert districts.
Gold Coast Dolphin Districts Groups (1983): Point Danger Scout Group, Palm Beach Scout Group, Burleigh Heads Scout Group, Tugun Scout Group, Mermaid Scout Group, and Mudgeeraba Scout Group .
Gold Coast Dolphin Districts Groups (2013): Point Danger Scout Group, Palm Beach Scout Group, Burleigh Heads, Robina Scout Group, Mermaid Beach Scout Group, Miami Scout Group and Mudgeeraba Scout Group. 
- Haskard, D. (1983). The complete book of Australian Scout badges: Part 2, Queensland and Papua New Guinea. Chatswood, NSW: Badgophilist Publications. p. 9.
- Campbell, B. (2013). Bob’s Blog, Gold Coast Region Newsletter. April, p. 1.
- Scouting in Queensland (1972). “South-East QLD Zone Conference”. Vol 11 (6), July, p. 5.
- The Scout Association of Australia, Qld Branch. (1983). Directory: Areas, Regions, Districts, Groups 1983.
- Campbell, B. Region Commissioner, Gold Coast Region. Personal communique 8.12.2016