Lower Burdekin District (Ext)
Lower Burdekin district is named after Burdekin Shire, which is named after the Burdekin River which is a river located in North and Far North Queensland. The river was first encountered by Europeans during the expedition led by Ludwig Leichhardt in 1845 and named in honour of Thomas Burdekin, one of the sponsors of the expedition. The river source is within the Seaview range (near Ingham), and flows out into Upstart Bay is at the Coral Sea. The Burdekin River is Australia’s largest river by (peak) discharge volume.
In 1928, the first troop in the district was formed in Ayr by Rev Grey . By 1943, Lower Burdekin district had been established . It closed somewhere around 2006 . Ayr Scout Group was absorbed into Home Hill Scout Group in 2005, and by 2006 there was only 1 Group in Lower Burdekin district . Erin Brennan was the last District Commissioner .
Lower Burdekin Groups (1968) Ayr Scout Group, East Ayr Scout Group, Giru Scout Group, Home Hill Scout Group. 
Lower Burdekin Groups (1971): Ayr Central Scout Group, East Ayr Scout Group, Giru Scout Group, Home Hill Scout Group. 
Lower Burdekin Groups (1983): Ayr Central Scout Group, East Ayr Scout Group, Home Hill Scout Group 
Lower Burdekin Groups (2002) Ayr Scout Group, Home Hill Scout Group 
Lower Burdekin Groups (2006) Ayr Scout Group, Home Hill Scout Group 
- Fones, R. (1992). In the light of all the years. Toowong, Australia: The Scout Association of Australia-Queensland Branch.. p. 5)
- Fones, R. (1992). In the light of all the years. Toowong, Australia: The Scout Association of Australia-Queensland Branch.. p. 79, 80.
- M. Flecker (2018). Joey Scout Leader, Loam Island, Kennedy Region, Personal communique 12.3.2018
- Kennedy Region Staff and Group Leaders directory, January 2006.
- Haskard, D. (1983). The complete book of Australian Scout badges: Part 2, Queensland and Papua New Guinea. Chatswood, NSW: Badgophilist Publications. p.16.
- Scouting in Queensland (1968)”Inauguration of Kennedy Area”. Vol 7 (11), December, p. 14-15.
- The Boy Scouts Association, Queensland Branch (1971). Area, group and district directory 1971. Abel & Co.
- The Scout Association of Australia, Qld Branch. (1983). Directory: Areas, Regions, Districts, Groups 1983.