North Rockhampton District (Ext)
Rockhampton is named by William H. Wiseman, Commissioner of Crown Lands, after a “bar of rocks” on the Fitzroy River that hampered further upstream navigation from the coast. The Fitzroy River provided a convenient waterway for shipping of supplies further into the Capricon district, and a settlement grew on the riverbanks just downstream of a bar of rocks which prevented further upstream navigation from the coast. These rocks were incorporated with the traditional English term for a village, and the name “Rockhampton” was first used around the 1850s. The area where Rockhampton city centre is was originally called Gracemere run.
North Rockhampton district was probably formed sometime around 1960 due to a restructuring of the existing Rockhampton district . North Rockhampton district is not mentioned on the 1958/59 Branch Annual Directories, but is mentioned in the 1961/62 Branch Annual Directories [2, 3]. District Commissioner in 1963 was R. Chopping. The district closed and merged with South Rockhampton district to re-form Rockhampton district sometime around 1963/64, and is no longer mentioned in the Branch 1964/65 Annual Reports .
North Rockhampton District Groups (1961): 7th Rockhampton (later Beserker) Scout Group, 9th Rockhampton (later Elizabeth Park) Scout Group, 10th Rockhampton (later Koongal) Scout Group, 12th Rockhampton (later Park Avenue) Scout Group, Yeppoon Scout Group 
- Murray, G. Group Leader, Warriparri Scout Group, Central Coast Region, Personal communique 16.3.2018
- Australian Boy Scouts Association, Queensland Branch (1959). Annual Report 1958-1959.
- Australian Boy Scouts Association, Queensland Branch (1962). Annual Report 1961-1962.
- Australian Boy Scouts Association, Queensland Branch (1964). Annual Report 1963-1964
- Haskard, D. (1983). The complete book of Australian Scout badges: Part 2, Queensland and Papua New Guinea. Chatswood, NSW: Badgophilist Publications. p. 19