Bridge = Burdekin Bridge “Truss rail bridge” over Burdekin river (from former Lower Burdekin District badge)
Smoky Tower = Ingham Sugar Cane Mills
Mining Tower = Gold Mining (from former Charters Towers District badge)
Hills= Mountains around Townsville
The badge was first issued in 2003 .
Kennedy Region is named after the former Electoral district of Kennedy in the Queensland Legislative Assembly and the Division of Kennedy in the Parliament of Australia. Both of these are named after Edmund Besley Court Kennedy an explorer (1840s) who was the Assistant Surveyor of NSW. Kennedy explored the interior of Queensland and northern New South Wales, including the Thomson River, the Barcoo River, Cooper Creek, and Cape York Peninsula. Prior to becoming a region, Kennedy Area’s office was first established in Townsville on 21st April 1969 [1, 2]. The first Area Commissioner was Fred MacKay . Kennedy Area was renamed Kennedy Region on 31 July 2001 . The first Region Commissioner was Ernest Bunt .
Kennedy Area Districts (1968) Castle Hill, Mt Stuart, Ross River, Charters Towers, Lower Burdekin .
Kennedy Area Districts (1971): Castle Hill, Charters Towers, Lower Burdekin, Mt. Stuart, Ross River; Attached Group : Richmond 
Kennedy Area Districts (1980): Castle Hill, Charters Towers, Lower Burdekin, Ross River 
Kennedy Area Districts (1982): Castle Hill, Charters Towers, Lower Burdekin, Ross River. 
Kennedy Area Districts (1983): Castle Hill, Charters Towers, Lower Burdekin, Ross River. Attached Group: Ingham 
Kennedy Area Districts (1986): Castle Hill, Charters Towers, Lower Burdekin, Ross River 
Kennedy Area District (2002): Charters Towers, Lower Burdekin, Cleveland Bay. 
Kennedy Region Groups (2002): Pioneer Park Scout Group, Kirwan Scout Group, Bluewater Scout Group, Rasmussen Scout Group, Ayr Scout Group, Home Hill Scout Group, Heatley Vincent Scout Group, Hermit Park Scout Group, Wulguru Scout Group, Ingham Scout Group, Aitkenvale, Pimlico Mundingburra Scout Group, Woodlands Scout Group, Milchester Scout Group, Alice River Scout Group, Charters Towers, Belgian Gardens Scout Group. 
Kennedy Region Groups (2018): Alice River Scout Group, Belgian Gardens Scout Group, Bluewater Scout Group, Charters Towers Scout Group, Ingham Scout Group, Kirwan Scout Group, Loam Island Scout Group, Lower Burdekin Scout Group, Mount Louisa Scout Group, Pimlico Mundingburra Scout Group, Woodlands Scout Group, Wulguru Scout Group 
Kennedy Region District (2019): Mount Elliot district, Mount Stuart district, Mount Spec district 
- Fones, R. (1992). In the light of all the years. Toowong, Australia: The Scout Association of Australia-Queensland Branch. p. 132.
- Scouting in Queensland (1969). “New Area Inaugurated”. Vol 8 (4), May, p. 2.
- Priest, J. W. (2001, July 31). [Chief Commissioner Qld Memorandum to Branch Team on Kennedy Region]. Heritage Centre Archive, Baden Powell Park, Samford, Queensland]
- Scouts Australia (Queensland Branch) Membership records. Accessed 21.11.2020
- Kennedy Region archives. Heritage Centre, Baden Powell Park, Samford Queensland.
- Scouting in Queensland (1968). “Inauguration of Kennedy Area”. Vol 7 (11), December, p. 14-15.
- The Boy Scouts Association, Queensland Branch (1971). Area, group and district directory 1971. Abel & Co.
- Scout (1980) Area & District Directory, September, p.8
- Scout (1982) Area & District Directory, December, p.48
- The Scout Association of Australia, Qld Branch. (1983). Directory: Areas, Regions, Districts, Groups 1983.
- The Scout Association of Australia, Qld Branch. (1986). “Organisation of Queensland Branch” chart in: Scouting in Queensland. Heritage Centre, Baden Powell Park, Samford Queensland.
- Kennedy Region Joey Scout Mob Holiday program, Tarmaroo Campsite 17-18 August 2002. p.1
- Scouts Australia, Queensland Branch (2018, March 7). Formation listing 2018. Retrieved from https://scoutsqld.com.au/members/formation-listing/
- The Scout Association of Australia, Qld Branch (2019). Annual Report 2018/19, Chief Commissioner’s Report, p. 6.