South Coast District (Ext)
Pelicans common in the area, and the Pelican was on the Coat-of-Arms of the City of the Gold Coast. 
The badge was first issued in March 1961 
South Coast district was established in November 1947, and the first District Commissioner was J. Thornton. . The district name was changed to “Gold Coast Pelican” in late 1982 .
South Coast District Groups (1947): 1st Southport Scout Group, 2nd Southport Scout Group, 1st Benowa Scout Group, 1st Point Danger Scout Group. 
South Coast District Groups (1959): 1st Southport Scout Group, 2nd Southport Scout Group, Labrador Scout Group, Burleigh Heads Scout Group, Palm Beach Scout Group, Point Danger Scout Group, Surfers Paradise Scout Group, Mudgeeraba Scout Group. 
South Coast District Groups (1971): Hamilton Heights Scout Group, Labrador Scout Group, Nerang Scout Group, Southport Scout Group, Surfers Paradise , Scout Group Woodroffe Park Scout Group .
- The Totem (1948) “South Coast District Scout News”. Vol 10 (114), July, p. 9.
- Haskard, D. (1983). The complete book of Australian Scout badges: Part 2, Queensland and Papua New Guinea. Chatswood, NSW: Badgophilist Publications. p.23.
- Queensland Scouter (1964). “Queensland District Emblems”. Vol 3 (11), October, p. 17.
- Australian Boy Scouts Association, Queensland Branch (1960). Annual Report 1959-1960.
- The Boy Scouts Association, Queensland Branch (1971). Area, group and district directory 1971. Abel & Co.