Waterloo Bay District (Ext)
Sailing boat = The “Scout Sail” which was a 19 km sail boat race was run at Waterloo Bay in 1981. It included 27 privately owned sailing craft with 60 scouts as crew members 
Type = Woven bound, light blue border
Previous Badge Variations
The following are variations of the badge:
Type = Ribbon
Type = Woven bound
52 x 50 mm
50 x 55 mm
Waterloo Bay, was named by Robert Dixon, a surveyor in 1842, after the 1815 Battle of Waterloo. Wellington Point is subsequently named after the Duke of Wellington, who led the British Army against Napoleon during the battle. The survey of the whole area was dedicated to the Duke of Cleveland.
Waterloo Bay District was formed in 1960/61 when it split from South Burnett district (i.e., mentioned in the Branch Annual Report 1962/63, but not mentioned on Branch Annual Report 1958/59) and the first District Commissioner (Acting) was G. T. Evans [1, 2]. It closed down and was last mentioned in 1988, in the Brisbane South Area Directory .
Waterloo Bay District Groups (1963): Bayside Scout Group, Gumdale-Belmont Scout Group, Hemmant Scout Group, Manly-Lota Scout Group, Wynum Scout Group, Wynum Franciscan Scout Group, Wynum North Scout Group 
Waterloo Bay District Groups (1971): Bayside Scout Group, Darling Point Scout Group, Hemmant Scout Group, Karramar Scout Group, Manly-Lota Scout Group, Wynnum Scout Group, Wynnum North Scout Group 
Waterloo Bay District Groups (1983): Bayside Scout Group, Hemmant Scout Group, Karramar Scout Group, Kitchener Park Scout Group, Manly-Lota Scout Group, Wynnum Scout Group, Wynnum North Scout Group, Wynnum North Scout Group 
- Australian Boy Scouts Association, Queensland Branch (1959). Annual Report 1958-1959.
- Australian Boy Scouts Association, Queensland Branch (1963). Annual Report 1962-1963.
- The Scout Assoc of Australia, Queensland Branch (1988). Brisbane South Area Directory
- Fones, R. (1992). In the light of all the years. Toowong, Australia: The Scout Association of Australia-Queensland Branch. p.182
- The Boy Scouts Association, Queensland Branch (1971). Area, group and district directory 1971. Abel & Co.
- The Scout Association of Australia, Qld Branch. (1983). Directory: Areas, Regions, Districts, Groups 1983.