Western Region (Ext)
Western Region was formed in 1983 oversaw country districts like Condamine district, Kalkadoon district and 19 Groups in Southern & Western Queensland [1, 2]. Field Commissioners provided professional support to the region, and administrative functions were carried out by a Regional Clerk at Queensland Branch Headquarters. This was first administered by Asst Chief Commissioner Cliff Farmer. In 1983, the Region Commissioner was Noel Perry, and the Field Commissioner was Peter Bailey . Within this broad geographical region, the first troop to be established in Roma was in 1910 . In 1991, further re-structuring took place with a Branch Decision to move from two big country regions to six smaller country regions in line with the branch philosophy to decentralise the scouting areas. The Region Commissioner at the time was B. Ferguson . During this re-structure, a new region was created, which was called North Western Region, whose main area of coverage was Mt Isa, Longreach and Hughendon. The Region Commissioner at the time was Jenny Staddon . North Western Region closed in 2005, and was last mentioned in the 2004/2005 Branch Annual Report . In 2014/2014, Central Western Region combined with Western Region to form Central and Western Region. Western Region’s last Region Commissioner was Albert Sheeley .
Districts and Groups
Western Region Districts (1983): Condamine, Kalkadoon, Border Rivers, Stanthorpe [1, 8]
Western Region Groups (1983): Augathella Scout Group, Barcaldine Scout Group , Blackall Scout Group, Charleville Scout Group , Cubs of the Air (Charleville), Girraween Scout Group, Goondiwindi Scout Group , Jericho Scout Group, Longreach Scout Group, Miles Scout Group, Mitchell Scout Group, Morven Scout Group, Roma Scout Group, Stanthorpe Scout Group , St George Scout Group, Tambo Scout Group, Taroom Scout Group, Wandoan Scout Group, Winton Scout Group 
Western Region Districts (1986): Condamine, Kalkadoon. 
Western Region Groups (1992/93): Dalby, Charleville, Goondiwindi 
- Fones, R. (1992). In the light of all the years. Toowong, Australia: The Scout Association of Australia-Queensland Branch. p. 133.
- The Scout Association of Australia, Qld Branch. (1983). Directory: Areas, Regions, Districts, Groups 1983.
- Chief Commissioner (1983) Memo District and Groups. Re-Structure of the Regions within Queensland Branch. 22.3.1983.
- Fones, R. (1992). In the light of all the years. Toowong, Australia: The Scout Association of Australia-Queensland Branch. p. 3.
- The Scout Association of Australia, Qld Branch (1992). 84th Annual Report.
- Scouts Australia, Queensland Branch (2005). 96th Annual Report 2004/2005.
- Scouts Australia, Queensland Branch (2014). Annual Report 2013-2014. p. 3.
- International Badgers Club (2016). Catalogue. Australia, Queensland section
- The Scout Association of Australia, Qld Branch. (1986). “Organisation of Queensland Branch” chart in: Scouting in Queensland. Heritage Centre Archive, Baden Powell Park, Samford, Queensland.